Remider to competitors regarding rules and regulations on the sizing of sponsor logos on saddlecloths and jackets. [More information]
Our Clarendon Events are kindly sponsored by: Click the logo to access the website of our Clarendon Sponsors
- Protocol and Training Day - Friday 7th March 2014
- Protocol Day Draw [more]
- Training Day will also be held on this day, cost is $15 per horse.
- Clarendon March - Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th
- March Schedule
- Draw now Available [more] *** Updated Draw 6th March 2.38pm***
- Stable Allocations for March [more] Please note all stables have been numbered, a copy of this stable plan will be on the wash bay end of the stable block. Please ensure you use your allocated stable.
- Please note: Riders if you horse's bridle number is highlighted in yellow you must email your correct bridle number to email@example.com prior to Monday 3rd March.
- As scratchings occur, they draw will be moved up, please ensure you check the draw for any changes before the event. A final draw will be placed on the web on Thursday 6th March.
- All sand arenas will stop in the middle of the day for 30 minutes to allow time for re-grading before afternoon competitions.
- HELPERS ARE NEEDED!! As this is a large event we need plenty of writers and gear check stewards. If you can help please contact Karen firstname.lastname@example.org
Clarendon Competitor Information Sheet [more]
Reminder to competitors that with the hot weather predicted please take precautions for the welfare of the horses and riders. More information
Mailbox for Clarendon Entries:
The mailbox for Clarendon Entries - PO Box 975, Richmond NSW 2753 (Do not send them to PO Box 372)
On line entries for Clarendon events. You can now enter online at Global. The entry fee must be paid at time of entering. Otherwise the entry registration is deleted after 20 minutes. www.globalentriesonline.com.au
Stables :Stables are provided free of charge. Please clean out stables when you leave. If you require a stable please contact Karen so that one can be reserved for you email
Check your current membership status - if you are not a current member then you need to pay the non member entry fees. Contact Tracey Lesslie 0409 841 089 if you have any questions re your membership status.
Clarendon Protocol and Training Days
- Practice days for 2014: Practice days will be held on Friday before the event, or if it is a 3 day event, they will be held on the Thursday. Please see above for more details regard the Protocol and Training Days.
- Gates will open be open by 7.30am unless otherwise notified
- Please note practice day fee per horse is $15 to cover the cost of grading and watering the arenas for the practice day
- For more information contact Kathy Shelley 02 9627 4207 or Karen Lever 02 4576 7996 - mobile 0405 384 201.
- There is no need to book to attend the practice day, you can just come and ride.
- Riders must be members of the EA and conditions apply, please read the following: Information on practice days
Camping at Clarendon
If you intend staying overnight at the grounds at Clarendon, you must book beforehand. From April 2011 camping bookings are to go to Dressage NSW . Bookings for camping can be done online. Cost of camping is $12 per night. Bookings can be made online with your entries. People who camp on the grounds and do not pre-book or pay for camping may find their entries are not accepted in the future.
New rules take effect from 1 January 2014. One of the new rules is that whips for ponies must not exceed 1m.
Young Horse: Riders should make sure that their horse's bits comply with the rules, i.e that the bits are as thick as, or thicker than, the prescribed minimum.
The minimum diameter of the mouthpiece of a snaffle bit is:
- 14mm for horses – refer to 2.10.1 - 10mm for ponies – refer to 2.10.1
The diameter of the mouthpiece is measured adjacent to the rings or the cheeks of the mouthpiece
Looking for somewhere to stay while competing at Clarendon?
Motel accommodation in the area includes:
- Hawkesbury Race Club Motel, Clarendon - opposite the Showground (includes stable hire and float parking) Ph: 02 4577 7588.
- The Sebel Resort, Windsor. Ph: 02 4560 4300
- James Rose Unique Accommodation; Beautiful accommodation located just 5 minutes from Clarendon and 30 minutes from SIEC. Ph 0438 055 613. Email:
- New Inn Motel, Richmond. Ph: 02 4578 0520
- Colonial Motel, Richmond. Ph: 02 4578 1166
- Windsor Motel. Ph: 02 4577 5999
For more information about accommodation and things to do in the Hawkesbury Region, visit the web site: http://www.hawkesburyaustralia.com.au
Anna Hudson-Reverence F
Daniella Dierks - Noble Monarch
Lisa Martin - First Famous
Lucinda Brownjohn - Kolara Stud Falcrich II
Judy Dierks - Diamond Star
Arena Rake Pro in action