Reminder to competitors regarding rules and regulations on the sizing of sponsor logos on saddlecloths and jackets. [More information]
Our Clarendon Events are kindly sponsored by: Click the logo to access the website of our Clarendon Sponsors
Clarendon Event for this weekend has been cancelled. The Clarendon Sub-Committee has decided to cancel the event due to the very wet conditions of the grounds and the current weather forecast for the next few days. Refunds for this event will be processed shortly.
- Protocol and Training Day - Friday 11th April 2014 - CANCELLED
- Clarendon April - Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th April - CANCELLED
- Protocol and Training Day - Friday 13th June
- Protocol Day [more]
- Entries Close Monday 2nd June 2014
- Great way to practice your tests and receive great feedback from out Judges!
- Training Day will also be held on this day, cost is $15 per horse.
- Clarendon June - Saturday 14th June and Sunday 15th June
- June Schedule [more]
- Entries Close Monday 26th May 2014
- Saturday - Preliminary to Medium, Prep and Para-Equestrian
- Sunday - Preliminary, Novice, Elementary, Advanced and FEI
- Clarendon Winter Festival - Friday 11th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th July
- Winter Festival Schedule - available soon!
- Come join us for a great three days of competition at Clarendon!
- Friday—Elementary, Elementary Freestyle, Prix St Georges, Para-Equestrian Team and Individual Test
- Saturday—Prep, Novice, Novice Freestyle, Medium, Medium Freestyle, Intermediate I, Grand Prix, Para Equestrian Freestyle
- Sunday—Preliminary, Preliminary Freestyle, Advanced, Advanced Freestyle, Intermediate Freestyle, Grand Prix Freestyle
- Note: If numbers are oversubscribed some lower level competitions may be run on the grass arenas, daily program is subject to changes, freestyle numbers may be limited depending on entries received
- Champions for all Levels split into Open and Amateur divisions.
- Pony Champions for Preliminary, Novice and Elementary. Higher levels may be split or combined depending on entries received.
- Freestyles— these will be split into Open, Pony and Amateur divisions, numbers may be limited depending on entries.
- Winter Festival Teams Event
- Ribbons will be awarded to the top 10 Teams!
- So come on get your friends together and form a team for the Festival!
- A teams event will be held over the festival. A team can consist of 3 or 4 riders, Competitions which will be counted for team scores will be Prep C, 1.3, 2.3 and 3.3. The 3 highest percentages will be totalled to form the Team Total. In the case of tie, the wining team will be the one who's lowest level rider has the best score. Teams can be made up of horses or ponies. They will be split into amateur and open divisions if numbers warrant, teams which have amateur and open riders will need to compete in open division.
- Limited camping and stables are available on the grounds. Country competitors will have priority in stable allocations.
- Sausage Sizzle on Friday night!
- BBQ Dinner on Saturday night!
- Online Entries will be open 1st May 2014
- Entries close Monday 16th June 2014
- For more information please contact Karen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsorship and Trade Stand Opportunities are also available
Clarendon Competitor Information Sheet [more]
Reminder to competitors that with the hot weather predicted please take precautions for the welfare of the horses and riders. More information
Mailbox for Clarendon Entries:
The mailbox for Clarendon Entries - PO Box 975, Richmond NSW 2753 (Do not send them to PO Box 372)
On line entries for Clarendon events. You can now enter online at Global. The entry fee must be paid at time of entering. Otherwise the entry registration is deleted after 20 minutes. www.globalentriesonline.com.au
Stables :Stables are provided free of charge. Please clean out stables when you leave. If you require a stable please contact Karen so that one can be reserved for you email
Check your current membership status - if you are not a current member then you need to pay the non member entry fees. Contact Tracey Lesslie 0409 841 089 if you have any questions re your membership status.
Clarendon Protocol and Training Days
- Practice days for 2014: Practice days will be held on Friday before the event, or if it is a 3 day event, they will be held on the Thursday. Please see above for more details regard the Protocol and Training Days.
- Gates will open be open by 7.30am unless otherwise notified
- Please note practice day fee per horse is $15 to cover the cost of grading and watering the arenas for the practice day
- For more information contact Kathy Shelley 02 9627 4207 or Karen Lever 02 4576 7996 - mobile 0405 384 201.
- There is no need to book to attend the practice day, you can just come and ride.
- Riders must be members of the EA and conditions apply, please read the following: Information on practice days
Camping at Clarendon
If you intend staying overnight at the grounds at Clarendon, you must book beforehand. From April 2011 camping bookings are to go to Dressage NSW . Bookings for camping can be done online. Cost of camping is $12 per night. Bookings can be made online with your entries. People who camp on the grounds and do not pre-book or pay for camping may find their entries are not accepted in the future.
New rules take effect from 1 January 2014. One of the new rules is that whips for ponies must not exceed 1m.
Young Horse: Riders should make sure that their horse's bits comply with the rules, i.e that the bits are as thick as, or thicker than, the prescribed minimum.
The minimum diameter of the mouthpiece of a snaffle bit is:
- 14mm for horses – refer to 2.10.1 - 10mm for ponies – refer to 2.10.1
The diameter of the mouthpiece is measured adjacent to the rings or the cheeks of the mouthpiece
Looking for somewhere to stay while competing at Clarendon?
Motel accommodation in the area includes:
- Hawkesbury Race Club Motel, Clarendon - opposite the Showground (includes stable hire and float parking) Ph: 02 4577 7588.
- The Sebel Resort, Windsor. Ph: 02 4560 4300
- James Rose Unique Accommodation; Beautiful accommodation located just 5 minutes from Clarendon and 30 minutes from SIEC. Ph 0438 055 613. Email:
- New Inn Motel, Richmond. Ph: 02 4578 0520
- Colonial Motel, Richmond. Ph: 02 4578 1166
- Windsor Motel. Ph: 02 4577 5999
For more information about accommodation and things to do in the Hawkesbury Region, visit the web site: http://www.hawkesburyaustralia.com.au
Anna Hudson-Reverence F
Daniella Dierks - Noble Monarch
Lisa Martin - First Famous
Lucinda Brownjohn - Kolara Stud Falcrich II
Judy Dierks - Diamond Star
Arena Rake Pro in action